A framework that contains individuals, associations and accessible assets give healthcare services to people in general. World is fighting a war against the Pandemic of Coronavirus. so here we are going to discuss that how “US Healthcare and Pandemic of Corona Virus” are fighting against each other. but first going to elaborate this point we will discuss the US Healthcare system and its working.
The U.S. has no Universal Healthcare system in contrast to other developed countries. The U.S. Healthcare System work as
Health Insurances in US Healthcare system:
In this, the public pays cash to insurance agencies called PREMIUM and insurance companies then provide health security to the people. It pays the amount in case of medical emergencies. Another means of insurance is through employers that provide health insurance to their workers.
Direct Pay system in US Healthcare:
People directly pay to hospitals and doctors to avail of treatment.
Government Services like Medicaid and Medicare:
In this method, the Government bears the expenses of extremely sick individuals and people with low-income.
Healthcare services, mostly, claimed and ran by private division. However, the national Government likewise plays a wide range of jobs in the U.S. healthcare system, including the controller and supplier of healthcare services, supports researches, and preparing programs for healthcare laborers.
IS US HEALTHCARE System GOOD?
Yes, in terms of facilities and services provided by professionals, but No in terms of expenses, it is seriously beyond the access of most of the population without health insurance. In the 2017 survey, eleven developed countries consider the U.S. health system, most costly and noticeably awful executing system concerning productivity, access to the public.
IS US HEALTHCARE SYSTEM FREE FOR CITIZEN?
The U.S. medicinal services are not ‘free,’ not for visitors or residents of the U.S.; The U.S. healthcare system offers one of the most costly healthcare facilities over the globe.
HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATIONS WORKING IN THE US:
- United Health Group
- National Health Service
- The United States Public Health Service
- World health organization
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield Association
Read also: Role of Three Branches of Government in USA
WHAT ARE THE US HEALTHCARE PROGRAMS FOR HEALTHCARE FACILITIES IN US?
MEDICARE and US Healthcare System:
It is a national medical coverage program in the U.S. that gives medical coverage to Americans matured 65 or more yet, also, some youthful individuals with incapacities.
MEDICAID and US Healthcare system:
Another U.S. program that helps individuals with their healthcare bills, having constrained and low pay.
However, these projects are insufficient to guarantee the well-being of such a vast population.
COUNTRIES WITH UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE SYSTEM AND USA:
- South Africa
- Hong Kong
FACTS ABOUT UNITED STATE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM: –
- S. spends above 17% of its GDP on the health system.
- In the 2018 survey of measuring access and standard of the healthcare system, the U.S. ranked in 29thposition out of 195 countries.
- The U.S. is the only wealthy country that lacks the Universal Health Care System.
- The private sector drives healthcare services to a greater extent.
- Expensive medical facilities are one of the leading causes of bankruptcy in the U.S.
- S. medicinal services, as of now, cost about $2 trillion every year.
PROS OF THE US HEALTHCARE SYSTEM:-
- Lowers Healthcare costs on Government, as no Universal Healthcare System is prevailing in the U.S.
- Directs individuals to settle on more beneficial and healthier choices.
- It does not limit the doctor’s pay.
- It provides the best treatment if someone can afford it.
CONS OF THE US HEALTHCARE SYSTEM:-
- People face a huge financial crisis in case of any emergency.
- The U.S. offers the best but most expensive. (In 2019 study, 33 % of Americans said they delay visiting clinics and treatment of medical illness due to high-cost bills)
- Employers provide insurance to their workers, so in case if they lose employment, they lose medicinal services benefits too.
Read also: Smart Blood Cells Prepared in Labs
Pandemic of Corona and US Healthcare system:
World Health Organization (WHO) declares the pathogen coronavirus, a pandemic that has spread across 200+ countries. Overall, 912,650 cases have been reported, with almost 45,541 deaths.
The U.S. becomes one of the severely affected countries by the Corona pandemic. US Healthcare system is striving hard to counter the pandemic of corona virus. Here all educational institutions are closed and US healthcare system is on emergency against pandemic of corona. Here approximately 205,036 have been identified and 4,516 deaths. Although the U.S. spends a vast amount of money on the health sector, now, if we see it is on the top countries, harshly hit by the Corona pandemic. This is because of extremely expensive facilities and capacity crises. Besides having the best professionals and services in the health sector, the U.S. healthcare system looks helpless in this situation. They are short of ventilators and medical equipment and now it looks like that this so-called best healthcare system had no work plan and strategies to cope up with such pandemic disasters. Briefly, we can say that the pandemic has uncovered the imperfections of the Health System of the U.S.
“America has no real public health system _ coronavirus has a clear run” ROBERT Reich.
Written By: Mahnoor Asif, firstname.lastname@example.org